Fascinating Funniest Movie Statistics
• Billy Murray is in 3 of the Top 10… the
most of any performer. He is also in a total of 10 films out of the 150…
the most of any performer. A close second is Ben Stiller with 8 total
movies. Adam Sandler has 7 and Will Ferrell has 5. Jim Carrey, Daniel
Stern, Dan Aykroyd, Seann William Scott, & Gene Wilder each have 4. John
Candy is in 5 films, whereas Chris Farley is in 3. Luke Wilson has 4
whereas his brother Owen has 2.
• The most represented decade on the list is the ‘90s, claiming
almost a third of the list with 51 of the 150, while the 80s were third
with 27. However, the millennium films have a total of 36, as Anchorman
is featured as the earliest at position 20. The funniest year is from
1996 with 11 films. The unfunny decades were considered the ‘50s and the
‘60s each with 2.
• Supporting actress Catherine O'Hara is featured in 4 total
movies, the most from any actress surprisingly. Cloris Leachman,
Jennifer Coolidge, and Madeline Kahn each are in 3 movies.
• The performer who appears in the most films from the golden age
of cinema is Cary Grant, who has a sum of 4 movies in the 150.
• There are four Marx brothers films. Charles Chaplin directs and
stars in four films in the 150.
• Harold Ramis wrote/co-wrote a whopping 6 of the films, which
were Groundhog Day, Ghostbusters, Back to School, Stripes, Caddyshack,
and Animal House.
• Mel Brooks directs 4 movies in 150 and all are in the Top 60.
• The directing brother pairs of Joel & Ethan Coen and Peter &
Bobby Farrelly each directed four of the 150 movies. Woody Allen, John
Hughes, and Rob Reiner each direct three.
Funniest Movies Links &